- This event has passed.
Hike to Maracas Waterfall
July 9 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Hikers on Sunday 9th July 2023 we visit the towering Maracas Waterfall.
Maracas Waterfall with an altitude of 91.5 metres is Trinidad’s highest waterfall.
The falls is located in the Maracas St.Joseph Valley and the source comes from the southern foothills of Mt. El Tucuche. Its close proximity to Port-of-Spain makes the waterfall a favorite tourist destination.
The journey on foot will take about 45 minutes -1 hour depending on one’sfitness. We walk uphill and we know we are close once we start to feel waterdroplets on our faces.
At this time of the year the water flow should be at an all high and creating a memorable sight for its visitors.
After taking in the beauty of the cascade we shall divert midway on the trail and explore where on the river are two Jacuzzi–like pools, fondly called Balata Basin.
Cost: $75 hike only
$130 Hike & transportation
• Certified Guides,
• Safety equipment (LifeJacket, ropes, cutlass)
Assembly: 7:45am at JFK Shuttle Stop, U.W.I Main Campus.
Departure time: 8:00am.
Estimated time of return: 3pm
1. Have a proper shoes with good sole grips. (No slippers)
2. Pack an extra change of clothing (to remain in maxi taxi).
3. No jeans, thick cotton tops or clothing that will absorb and retain large amounts of water.
4. Secure all electrical items in waterproof cases or ziplock bags.
5. No littering, alcohol or smoking allowed.
6. Walk with any medication you may require (asthma, allergies etc)
Registration is open and can be done via the following methods:
1) FULL PAYMENT at Scotiabank Trinidad- Bank/ Online or deposit.. Whatsapp Raiza 268-6608 for banking information.
2) FINAL Registration day is on Friday 7th June and can be done from 430pm-530pm Rituals Coffee Shop, UWI Main Campus, St. Augustine.
**NO REFUNDS ON YOUR CANCELATIONS AFTER FINAL REGISTRATION DAY (7.7.23)**
For more information contact Raiza 2686608, Garvin (3335913) or (Terence 306-0257)