- This event has passed.
Guanapo Gorge Adventure
May 19, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
On Sunday 19th May, 2019 we shall be visiting the Guanapo Gorges.
Nestled in the Northern Range rainforest flows the Guanapo river where centuries of weathering produced a marvelous wonder of smooth contoured obsidian-coloured rock 30 feet high and 3 feet wide in places, creating an atmosphere of simultaneous serenity and trepidation.
This hike duration is approximately 4 hours for completion and is rated 5 out of 10 (moderate).The highlight of the hike is jumping off a small waterfall and then traversing through the “Gunapo Gorges”, a formation created as the river cut through solid limestone rock resulting in a gorge.
This journey includes swimming through gorges. Please note that this is a water hike so lifejackets will be provided or please bring your life jacket if you have one.
Strict adherence to rules and regulations must be conducted for safety and satisfaction.
Screening is in effect.
1. Have a proper shoes with good sole grips. (No slippers)
2. Pack an extra change of clothing (to remain in maxi taxi).
3. No jeans, thick cotton tops or clothing that will absorb and retain large amounts of water.
4. Secure all electrical items.
5. No littering, alcohol or smoking allowed.
6. INFORM HIKE LEADERS OF ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS and Walk with any medicatiozn you may require (asthma, allergies etc.)
Cost: $110.00 (Members)
$120 (Non- Members)
$65 Hike Only
• Reliable Transportation (Return Trip),
• Professional Experienced Friendly Guides,
• Safety equipment (LifeJacket)
• Safe and secure event,
• Secured Parking at UWI
Assembly: 7:30 am at JFK Shuttle Stop, U.W.I Main Campus.
Departure time: 8: 00am.
Estimated time of return: 6pm
Registration is open and can be done via the following methods:
1) FULL PAYMENT at Scotiabank Trinidad- Bank Account number: 42135- 4016758
**After payment is made kindly contact us (2686608) to confirm your payment, we will verify and send you a receipt in return** Hikers must walk with their receipt on hike day!
2) FINAL Registration day is on Friday 17th May, 2019 and can be done from 5pm to 7pm at Rituals Coffee Shop, UWI Main Campus, St. Augustine.
**NO REFUNDS AFTER FINAL REGISTRATION DAY (17/5/19)**
For more information contact Raiza, 2686608, Garvin (333-5913), Julio. 747-7294